This event is part of The 2030 Movement, a free two-week online festival for the next leaders and innovators in tech. Head to The2030Movement.com to see the full schedule.
It’s often said that tech companies dominate the world of marketing, social media, and ecommerce, but is big tech a big problem for Australia, or a big opportunity?
In this event, we dive into tech and regulation, and how we maximise the opportunities of technology, and manage the risks. We’ll examine Australia’s position in the world with technology, and how we navigate the pathway ahead toward the Government’s goal for Australia to be a leading digitally-enabled economy by 2030.
To explore this complex issue, we’ve enlisted our leading expert who’ll discuss:
- Tech regulation in Australia
- How Australia’s technology sector compares to other countries
- The interplay between large and small technology companies
Join this event for a deep dive into business ethics, tech regulation and the big vs small business debate.
- Sunita Bose | Managing Director of Digital Industry Group Inc. (DIGI)
The Digital Industry Group Inc. (DIGI) is a nonprofit industry association representing the digital industry in Australia.
DIGI members include Facebook, Google, Oath, Redbubble and Twitter, who collectively provide various digital services to Australians ranging from Internet search engines to digital communications platforms.
DIGI’s objectives are to:
- Demonstrate the economic and social benefits of online services in Australia and globally
- Empower Australian business and the community to ensure they can use online services in a positive and beneficial way, and
- Advocate for a balanced and common sense approach to policy development for the online world